I personally like what long-time Reflexology researcher, Kevin Kunz has to say:
Reflexology is the practice of applying pressure techniques to the feet and hands. When these techniques are applied in a systematic manner to reflex areas on the feet or hands, they can have a positive impact on the related areas of the body and health concerns. In addition to addressing health concerns, however, reflexology can set your body free from the stresses it experiences throughout the day as well as make your feet feel good.
Whether you’re seeking a treat or a treatment, luxuriating in relaxation or addressing your health concerns, reflexology can help. By choosing to use reflexology, you take a step on your journey to well-being. Wellness is literally in your hands.
On a slightly different level, here are a few descriptions of what reflexology means to me and my clients:
- Reflexology is deep relaxation that allows cells and tissues to restore and renew.
- Reflexology is safe touch that cradles body and soul that helps the insides of a person settle into healthy patterns of self-restoration.
- Reflexology is space – a sacred time to reflect, to be heard, or to simply melt into a realm of safety.
- Reflexology is a chance to become aware of what healing feels like, since most people are able to feel the tingles, the points of warmth, the electrical sensations that move around the body as circulation increases, fascia opens up, nerve blockages dissipate, and the bio electrical field is stimulated. The increase of personal awareness enables a focus on what is restorative for you, even beyond the session.
- Reflexology is a comforting, whole-being “work out” that goes deeper than massage or physical therapy ever can… because it touches the entire nervous system and releases body changes on the electrical and energetic level.
- Reflexology is a complimentary healing therapy that feels good. ... one that requires no exercise, no pills, no drugs, no regimen. It allows a person to BE, and help their body do what it was made to do – be well.
- Because emotions have a chemical/hormonal basis in the body, Reflexology is a stress-soother and mind-opener, and many of my clients have had results that are life-changing, well beyond the response of the physical body.
- Reflexology can be a safe place for emotional release and change as body and mind come into balance.
It just works for me… better than anything else I’ve tried. Massage makes me a little uncomfortable, but reflexology does the job. I can always feel it doing its work. -- Jennie
Even though I have access to many other forms of bodywork, sometimes it feels like reflexology is the thing I need. – Dave, LMT
I just want me my Reflexology!! – Sylvia, LMT
I don’t know what this all about, but you must never stop offering this – that was the most profound experience I have ever had! - Chuck, MD.
I will gladly pay for my ongoing reflexology packages! I don’t ever want to stop or miss a week – Jan
I’ve done many other therapies in my healing journey, but reflexology is the one I will never stop. I love it so much. It just feels like healing! -- Debbie